Friday, March 20, 2009

Bighorn Outdoor Adventure Show

Ever since my dad has started his recovery, all he talks about is food, hunting & fishing! Luckily, last year after he was released from the hospital his physical therapist provided him awesome exercises that were specifically for muscles he would use while doing the above mentioned 3 favorite things. He was able to get a deer during last years hunting season and couldn't wait until this year. However, this year his repaired hernia has ruptured causing him a great deal of pain and weakness. I have been trying to help him keep positive and focused on the upcoming fishing and hunting season but it's a challenge. Heck! I even got MY hands dirty in 42 pounds of ground up venison so we (dad, brother and I) could make jerky. Oh the things I do to try and lift my dad's spirits?! I was told that if I want to eat jerky I will have to go get my hunting license with my niece Neely. She and I sneak jerky every chance we can get (LOL)!!

So today in an effort to get him excited I will be taking him to the Bighorn Outdoor Adventure Show. Should be interesting. Maybe I will find a girly sized gun.

1 comments:

Jaime said...

HaHAHAHAhahahaHAHA!! "Girly sized gun"?? Your father would disown you for that comment! :-) Yes, I know the things you do for him... you do a lot for everyone!