Monday, May 18, 2009

A Lot Changes in A Few Short Weeks

YIKES!! I hadn't realized how far behind I was on my postings until I had some alone time today. A few "major" things have happened these past few weeks that are helping me realize I am exactly where I need and am supposed to be in life. God has amazing timing and control over all we do and it is up to us to allow Him to work in our lives.

I had the opportunity to go to Bellevue for a Orthotics & Prosthetics conference with a few other classmates. It was a great experience and found all the information that was provided to me to be extremely helpful. I even made a job contact who is willing to let me work from home while I am going to school:)! I had a blast in Bellevue and the surrounding area on a day trip.
(I don't like my pic being taken but this is OKAY)

(If you look close....see the "Boat Island")

(Pretty pic)

(I don't like the rain, but I love the location)




On a sad note, the following Monday my dad was rushed to the hospital where he stayed for 8 days (I can't really remember how long because my days are all rushed together). He had a speech problem that showed up out of nowhere and progressively got worse as I stayed and spoke with him. I got the nurse and informed her that I thought my dad was having a stroke. She called for the doc. who confirmed the stroke, asked my dad if he wanted emergency surgery (he said he could live with the speech problem) and 5 hours later while pushing on my dad's stomach he had a seizure (I wasn't sure if it was a seizure or not. All I knew was my dad stopped breathing, went blue and then limp)! We called out for help but no one came. I have NEVER, NEVER been that freaked out in my life. I thought I saw my dad take his last breath in front of me. He is home now, doing well and all seems to be okay for now. I am not sure what changed after that week, but I have been seeing my dad in a different light. I was almost afraid to be around him for fear of another situation where I would be helpless. However, I realize that if it is time for someone to go I will celebrate that they are with their Father and that they are safe.

While all this was going on with dad, I was supposed to be preparing for my Anatomy final. I couldn't study worth a lick. School was the farthest thing on my mind. I am trying to get caught up and feeling a little stressed about it. Finals are not that far off and we are not getting the practice that other students have received. I have been getting GREAT grades on my projects so far and keeping a picture journal of each step. What a blast! I found out this week that I am going to be the recipient of a scholarship next year so I can finish the program. I actually did a little dance to celebrate at 11 p.m. when I opened my Congratulations Letter. Poor people downstairs. My classmates are great. We get along really well and that helps when I am feeling a little like a loser for not understanding something right off the bat.

As far as my digi-scrappin' I have been a little busy to keep up on it. However, I was asked to teach but I wasn't able to because the dates where when my dad was in the hospital:( Total bummer but I was able to spend time with my dad which was more important. My newest project is a gift for my mom's 60th next month. I need to get cracking on that!

If I don't post another blog this week, I hope everyone has a happy and SAFE Memorial Weekend.

Heather

0 comments: