Monday, December 21, 2009

I Am A Half-Marathoner!

Vegas was great......of course:) The half marathon? Well, it was pretty insane. I won't lie, I am so proud of myself (and my friends of course) for taking on the challenge and following through. Despite the horrible physical pain, I felt emotional pain leave my body. My college track years were not the greatest and being able to say that I put it all behind me might have seemed impossible a month ago, but it is. It's all behind me. I really feel like I can make the impossible seem reasonable to attain. I can do what I put my mind to and I wouldn't have been able to think that way had I not finished the half marathon. There are other challenges to overcome in this life and now I can face them when they present themselves. Thank you to my BFF for all of her support. I couldn't have made it without you.

1 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm proud of you, and I couldn't have upheld my end of the deal without you making me get out there and train. We're a good team! And I'm so happy that you're proud of yourself too- you should be!