Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's Official!

My new home for the next 2 years!
This past week has been a busy one for me. I have spent the majority of it trying to figure out if I was going to be able to go back to school and start the Prosthetics & Orthotics Tech program at SFCC this spring.

Problem one: I discovered that my FAFSA form was out of order and it needed to be fixed ASAP. I was able to fix it but will have to wait to see if I will receive any assistance until after the quarter starts.

Problem number two: I have no extra money to pay for this right now. I have been out of work and trying to find something. This is one of the driving factors of me even thinking about going back to school. I realized this week that I have never given my parents credit where credit is due. My parents are the absolute best parents that anyone could ask for. I may not have known this growing up as I was too young to realize. Over the past couple of years, especially this past year, I am learning who they are as people and as parents. They decided to help me pay for this quarter so I can be enrolled in the program and not have to wait until the fall quarter. Thank you for supporting me mom & dad...LOVE you guys so much!!!!

Problem three: TODAY was the last day to pay. I drove over 140 miles today to get this situation taken care of! Thank goodness it was a beautifully sunny, crisp day to take a drive around town. I soon discovered what it was like to be a "real student" and have to do everything for yourself. (I say "real student" because I never had to register, pay or put any effort into going to school before. Being on scholarship really spoiled me.) UGH! What a process.

All-in-all, I feel like it is meant to be. I feel so strongly convicted to pursue this degree that I spend a lot of my free time researching different aspects of the industry. Some people may not understand why I would ever want to do this program, but those of you who know me will probably agree this is simply something I was born to do. After a very long day, I am proud to say that I am officially a student at SFCC enrolled in the P&O Tech program!!!! I might be singing a different tune once I actually start classes on the 6th of April, but that's what life is about. Putting yourself out there to be used by God. Which me luck ya'll:)
Pictures are from SFCC O&P program page.

1 comments:

Jaime said...

Yay!! I'm so proud of you for making this career move! My dad says he's excited for you too! :-) I know you are going to kick butt and really help a lot of people out. This is just the next step in taking over the world... haha!